What We’re Working Towards
Our Alliance seeks to expand efforts to increase access and equity for immigrant and refugee students and attract and retain international students.
- Develop a national strategy to recruit and retain international students and scholars
- Advocate for a pathway to citizenship or permanent residency for DACA recipients and other Dreamers
- Increase refugee student access to higher education in the U.S.
- Expand higher education accessibility and affordability and workplace eligibility to undocumented and other immigrant students
- Strengthen the capacity of colleges and universities to improve campus services, policies, and practices
- Meet critical workforce and labor market needs in our communities and states
- Nurture talent and innovation
- Increase equity and diversity at higher education institutions
- Address the global demand for high quality education.
Benefits of Membership
- Customized technical assistance
- Webinars and trainings
- Regular member updates on all immigration matters that intersect with higher education
- Communities of practice on issues related to state policy, enrolling refugee students, and supporting undocumented students
- Policy and communications tools and resources
- Briefings and webinars analyzing current policy and litigation developments
- Days of action and fly-ins
- Voluntary opportunities to join amicus briefs in support of court cases (e.g. support of international or immigrant students for OPT or DACA)
- Template letters and support in reaching out to your legislators
- Reduced registration fees for our convenings
- Opportunities to collaborate with state and national organizations
- Early previews of new national programs and participation opportunities
Only college and university presidents and chancellors at U.S. nonprofit colleges and universities may join the Presidents’ Alliance as regular institutional members. To join, click here. Non-profit organizations can apply to join as Affiliate Partners.
The Alliance has annual voluntary membership contributions based on your institution’s full-time equivalent student enrollment (FTE) and total education and general expenditures (E&G) – see here for more details. While the Alliance presents opportunities for members to engage, we do not have required meetings or activities.
The Presidents’ Alliance also offers a Leadership Circle for dedicated members who are leaders in our work and committed to enhanced support of our mission. Members in the Leadership Circle contribute a membership fee of $15,000 or $25,000, scaled in accordance with the Presidents’ Alliance institutional membership costs. For more information about the Presidents’ Alliance Leadership Circle, contact email@example.com.
Who We Are
The Presidents’ Alliance is a nonpartisan, nonprofit education and advocacy organization. As the only national organization exclusively focused on the intersection of higher education and immigration, we engage higher education leaders to support forward-looking immigration policies and practices. You can find more information about the Presidents’ Alliance here.
Membership in the Presidents’ Alliance provides college and university presidents with the resources they need to engage on issues at the intersection of immigration and higher education.
presidents and chancellors
states, D.C., and Puerto Rico
students enrolled in our member institutions
Presidents’ Alliance Member Institutions by Carnegie Classification and Control
Data as of January 2023
The Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration is a partner project of the National Center for Civic Innovation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit created to facilitate the ability of cities and communities throughout the United States to improve quality of life and the performance of government and nonprofit organizations.