The Higher Ed Immigration Portal has published the Undocumented Students and Access to Inter-State Tuition Agreements (ITAs): Fact Sheet.
This fact sheet answers the following key questions related to undocumented students and ITAs.
- What is an inter-state tuition agreement (ITA)?
- Are undocumented students eligible for inter-state tuition (ITA) agreements?
- What are some examples of inter-state tuition agreements (ITAs) that currently exist?
- Which inter-state tuition agreements (ITAs) extend eligibility to undocumented students?
- Are inter-state tuition agreement (ITA) programs available at both public and private educational institutions?
- What positive educational outcomes arise from inter-state tuition agreements (ITAs)?
- How many states currently have state policies that allow undocumented students to access in-state tuition and state financial aid? How many states bar undocumented students?
- How can financial aid officers, admissions counselors, and college counselors support undocumented students’ eligibility for inter-state tuition agreements (ITAs)?